BIOPROJET is a European pharmaceutical company created
from basic research.
BIOPROJET is a French independent (privately-owned) research company
created in 1982 by Dr Jeanne-Marie Lecomte and Prof. Jean-Charles
The activity of BIOPROJET is centered upon Design and
Development of novel classes of drugs, an aim reached by close
- with Academic Laboratories on one side,
- subcontracting industrial companies on the other,
- and, more recently, by BIOPROJET BIOTECH.
This strategy has resulted so far in the development of:
- one drug up to marketing in France and worldwide
(Tiorfan®/Hidrasec®, racecadotrilINN, an intestinal antisecretory
- three drugs up to Phase III clinical trials in
following fields : gastro enterology, cardiovascular and CNS
(dexecadotrilINN, BP 1.137
and BF 2.649)
- two drugs up to Phase I clinical trials in CNS (BP
1.3656 and BP 1. 4979),
- several other compounds in preclinical development.
Each of these
compounds represents the first one in a novel therapeutic class.
BIOPROJET SCR is in charge of the French and international patent
(52 prioritary patent applications) and is the exclusive owner of the
patent rights and of the know-how.
BIOPROJET SCR is the owner of BIOPROJET
PHARMA, a pharmaceutical company.