In 1992, BIOPROJET shareholders created BIOPROJET PHARMA, a pharmaceutical company. Both companies have the same management.
The activity of BIOPROJET PHARMA is centered on marketing in France of
pharmaceutical compounds mostly issued from BIOPROJET’s research and
Tiorfan® (Racecadotril) capsules was launched in France in 1993 for adult and
Tiorfan® (Racecadotril) granulated powder in sachet in 2000 for
Since 2002 BIOPROJET PHARMA has gradually extended the geographic coverage of Tiorfan®/Hidrasec®
(Racecadotril) to major European markets and
overseas markets. It is marketed today in
more than 30 countries, mostly through licensees.
This geographic base will continue to expand with new approvals and launches across all the continents.
In addition to
Tiorfan® (Racecadotril), BIOPROJET PHARMA markets following
products in France:
- Tiorfast®: Racecadotril t.i.d. capsules OTC.
- Tiorfanor®: Racecadotril b.i.d. tablets.
- Fanolyte®: an oral rehydration solution.
- Fanomer®: a nasal spray specially designed for children.
- Remodulin® (Treprostinil): a prostacyclin derivative in pulmonary arterial hypertension, originated from United Therapeutics Corporation.
- Helicobacter Test INFAI ®: a 13C-Urea breath test for detection of Helicobacter pylori infection.
- Diallertest® is designed for the diagnosis of cow’s milk allergy.
is a registered trademark for a commonly used autoinjector of
adrenaline (epinephrine), used to reverse anaphylactic shock.
BIOPROJET PHARMA files the main trademarks and is the exclusive owner of the corresponding rights.
In addition, as an industrial-commercial structure, BIOPROJET PHARMA
supervises manufacturing operations for its products, all performed in
Europe and mostly in France, and for all drug substances necessary to
BIOPROJET's affiliates and licensees worldwide.
BIOPROJET staff comprises in total 95 persons (pharmacists, Ph.Ds, M.Ds., biostatistician, CRA…).
BIOPROJET PHARMA is the owner of BIOPROJET BIOTECH.